Happening today: Oh no catmageddon…and oh yea I’m starting a temporarily stable job soon. No biggie.
The fact that this video exist is the 2ndbest part of the week, and I must admit it came
in 2ndby a very narrow margin,
because cats are totally tubular.
I’m quite enjoying a relaxing night at home scouring the internet. Here’s another link because nothing beats Ninja
Turtles vernacular and the internet makes me so happy that sharing is a
necessity. Take note of #9, they
loved cats too! 15 Reasons The Original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Were Totally Tubular
Now here is where some of the jokes wind down and I talk
about something of substance rooted in the real word. The interview
apparently went well unbeknownst to me. The greatest part…I was the best at
something! Who cares that I’ll
actually get to be in a place I like doing a job that I love. I’m just excited that I was the best interviewee. I’m the best at
everything, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise. Overconfidence or sarcasm? You’ll never know.
The only unfortunate thing (so far, who knows what will
unfold in a classroom full of teenagers every day) is that it’s a long-term
sub position and will end May when the school year does. However, it will
be so so so wonderful to be in the same place every day working around the same
wonderful people.
I’m feeling two extreme
emotions right now….
# 1 "Looking up"
# 2 "I'm happy, totally happy, not at all nervous that I will make mistakes and the other teachers will hate me for my existence."
I’m not nervous about the kids
or my ability to teach. That needs to be stated, because I’m afraid the
interviewers will somehow stumble upon this blog and the irrational fear will
rise that if I don’t show at least a little bit of confidence they will judge
me and question their decision. I know that’s not going to happen, but the thought still occurred
in my irrational crazy mind.
Denise has pointed out more than
once recently that I doubt myself too much. I do, but I’m slowly learning not to. A meager
thing for some but big to me, is that I’ve been trying harder to be a people
person. I can be when I need to
be, but not in small everyday situations. I started a conversation with a
worker at the grocery store though about bananas. I stared at the bananas for a minute and he asked if I needed help, so I said I was looking for a small bundle, and I didn’t want to tear a few
off from a big bundle because that’s just sad and annoying when all that’s left
are a few bananas no one takes because a careless selfish person like myself
left a small bundle behind no one wants because bananas are delicious and who
doesn’t want to takes as many as they can get in one bundle? There’s another win for me today: That may be
one of the longest run on sentences ever.
If you read a lot I dare you to find a longer one, except don’t
actually tell me because I want to think I won at another thing today.
No comments:
Post a Comment