The morning began
like this: Panda Bean (my second lovely
cat that doesn’t know what solitude is) sat on my portfolio. I put it in a place she never goes, but I
guess she felt like exploring new territory and watching closely while I spent entirely too long looking nervously in the mirror. When you have cats nothing you own is really yours. They lay claim to everything,
especially when you need it most. Here’s proof:
 |
| Toilet paper, not mine |
 |
| Lesson plans, not mine |
 |
| Hair ties, definitely not mine. |
Countless craft supplies, also not mine. I guess he needed to have a say in the direction of my Christmas crafts. Future potential roommates or not yet existent husband please take note that I’m not usually that messy.
I don’t have
many pictures of Panda Bean because like me she doesn’t sit still for very
long.
And so the
interview; I didn’t get anyone’s name wrong this time! During my last interview in the summer, I
gave the wrong name of the teacher I worked with for 2 months. His name and the wrong name both start with
Z’s. Did I get points for that at
least? I need as many points as I can
get during interviews because I flounder.
Hopefully getting the Z right helped me fail by only 80% instead
of 90%. The 10% credit I give myself is
for saying my own name right, remembering to shake hands and to sit still like
a lady. In future
interviews I’m going to start spouting math problems so they don’t think I’m
entirely stupid. Answering 2+4 will
totally display my high intellectual abilities, right? Please tell me I’m right.
A big part
of my nervousness was that I’ve met the interviewers before. I work in the building occasionally and have
interviewed there twice for similar positions.
They were super nice and relaxed.
I am just much more comfortable around complete strangers than people
whom I sort of know or can at least recognize their faces and remember their
names. Another reason for my nerves is that I really want to be there. I’ve been questioning what to do with my life
lately and wondering if I am able to get where I want to go, especially because
I just don’t do the whole people thing well, aside from kids. Working with kids is the only time I don’t
doubt myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment