Thursday, August 15, 2013

Summer

Vacation Bible School.  This boy loves to be picked up.  As a result of this week I have unbelievably amazing muscles.
UPDATE: The photo has gone missing, however I can assure you the boy was adorable, probably 4 years old and if I didn't hold him at times he would have run away.


Collaborative mini-mural at KLAS summer camp.
This was an amazing project started by 2nd graders and finished by 5th.  The kids work together so well.  The best day was when half the kids finished early and had nothing to do.  So I had them come up with the 3 best words to define friendship.  They're not all friends and they don't always get along, but they did in that moment.  Love. Trust. Respect.








Preparing for very messy Messy Munchkins at the rec center.
I taught 4-5 year olds!  I've never taught children younger than late kindergarten.  On the last day we had an art show and between the kids and the parents, I've never seen so much happiness in one room.




Last summer camp, Art Adventures (6-8 year olds), went equally as well as Messy Munchkins.  For this we painted with watercolors on top of water.  The next day kids looked for animals and creatures in the paint splotches.




Roommate got a kitten.  Her online anonymous name shall be Little Bits of Horrendous Adorable.  She claws my feet, and my entire legs when I try to sleep.  She also attacks my hair before deciding to sleep on my neck.  Monster CatBeast has mixed opinions of her.



No comments:

Post a Comment